Every Miss America Starts Somewhere!
In 2007, The Miss Lane County Scholarship Program began the Princess Program for young ladies age five to twelve. The Miss Lane, Linn & Benton County Princess Program is not a competition, but rather an opportunity to bring into our organization a group of younger girls who will one day be part of our Teen and Miss programs and to connect them with the exceptional girls and young women who participate in the pageant.
Every young woman who participates in the Miss America Organization becomes the best she can be... a winner in life!
We want that for your child, too!
"These exceptional young women are role models who can make a difference in your daughter's life"
The Purpose of this program is to mentor young ladies who have an interest in competing in the future within The Miss Oregon and/or Miss Oregon's Outstanding Teen Pageants and to teach the importance of community service. Miss Lane County Pageant contestants serve as mentors to their Princesses. The Princesses are also encouraged to join their mentors in as many appearances, volunteer opportunities and other events as possible.
Every Princess receives:
- 2013 Miss Lane County Princess Tiara
- Princess Gown
- Official T-Shirt
- Participation in the Pageant Production
- Princess Party
- Princess Gift Bag
- Special Events
- The opportunity to be selected to as an Outstanding Princess and represent our community at the 2011 Miss Oregon Scholarship Pageant
If you are a young lady between 5 and 12 years old, you can be a princess in the Miss Lane, Linn-Benton Princess Program. As a Miss Lane or Linn-Benton County Princess, you will be taking part in the 2013 Miss Lane, Linn-Benton County Scholarship Pageant.
Requirements for Princess:
- Princess and at least one parent must be able to participate in all princess rehearsals, fundraisers events.
- Princess must be outgoing enough to be in front of an audience.
- Participation fee is $100 (non-refundable)
- Princess and at least one parent must be available to proceed to the Miss Oregon Pageant in Seaside, 2012, should she be selected to serve as Lane County's Outstanding Princess (the participation fee for Miss Oregon, Hotel Accommodations and Food are the responsibility of the parents.)
- Princess and at least one parent must be available to proceed to the National Outstanding Teen Pageant in Orlando, Florida in August 2012 should she be selected Oregon's Princess ($650 participation fee paid by Miss Oregon Program).
If you are interested in becoming a part of this program, please complete and mail the application to the Pageant Office no later than January 1, 2013. Once your completed application has been received, you will receive additional information detailing the dates, times, wardrobe and events that have been scheduled for the Princesses.
We look forward to another wonderful year working with these lovely young ladies in what is truly a magical experience for everyone.
To become a contestant in the Miss Lane County Princess Program, you will need to complete the following:
- Fill out the Online Application Form.
- The registration fee must be made payable, via check or money order, to Miss Lane County Scholarship Program and mailed to this address. You can have sponsors pay the entry fee on your behalf, but this does not give them advertising in our program book.
- The Miss Lane County Scholarship Program reserves the right to refuse any application and registration fee in the event the contestant allotment has been met or the application is received after the deadline.
- Check the schedule for dates and times... Click here for the schedule page.
If you would like more information about becoming a contestant in the Miss Lane County Scholarship Program please
contact a director:
Zonnie Borg | 541-913-7235 |
Joelle Goodwin | 541-520-6302 |